I didn’t know what I was going to write, exactly, until I sat down and click-clacked away at the title. Apparently I am going to be writing a guide. If you know me well, you will know that the mere idea that I would provide you with a guide that you will immediately read and ignore is hilarious to me. There are many times in my life, when I have tried to share my wisdom but it has absolutely fallen on deaf ears. Sometimes people forget my advice was mine and they took it for their own and thought it was their own idea. Eventually they catch on. One of my first pieces of advice for you is to skip everything that I am writing and go directly to the song I have posted. The song is everything you need. The end.
But I am still here and click-clacking away. I’m doing this instead of cleaning the toilet. If you know me, they you would know that it is ridiculous for me to spend this time writing before my warrior training; I should really be cleaning the toilet. However, if you also know me, I think I’m going to bang out this post and still have time to do a glowy job on the toilet and make the good old porcelain shine. My voice feels different, but I assure you: it’s mine. It’s even more “me” because of this Mercury retrograde shadow period.
- On August 20, 2022, Mercury enters the Retrograde Zone (pre-retrograde shadow) at 24° Virgo 12′
- On September 9, 2022, Mercury stations and turns retrograde at 8° Libra 55′ Rx
- On October 2, 2022, Mercury stations and turns direct at 24° Virgo 12′
- On October 16, 2022, Mercury leaves the Retrograde Zone (post-retrograde shadow) at 8° Libra 55′
KA’s 10 STEP – GUIDE
- 1). Create comfortable space between your people and you.
- Do this by taking more time to understand what people are saying. Recognize that even if you give it more time, you might still have a misunderstanding.
- 2). Spend more time in quiet, journaling, and/or expressing yourself with the AWARENESS that you may not be understood as clearly as you’d like. Work on refinement.
- 3). If you HAVE TO sign a contract, realize that it may not be perfect and it will likely need a “redo” so try to be as clear as possible by understanding that you may change your mind later, or need to do extra work around it.
- 4). Use your time to get better acquainted with your technology, car, neighbors. If anything requires extra attention, expect to have to pause to take care of things more frequently. Pace yourself.
- 5). Have an outlet for your frustration that is not another human or an animal. Practice deep breathing.
- 6). Allow your spirit to guide you in a whimsical way but don’t sway too far off track. You need to give your spirit a wee bit more freedom to be “airy” during this time.
- 7). Ventilate your space and keep your air circulating.
- 8). Participate in movement activities to help nourish the energy that can get restricted during the retrograde movements. Any frenetic energy needs to be channeled into brainstorming or even scribbling. It’s okay to be messy during this period, give it an outlet. Your systems will improve when you observe yourself as a “train off the tracks” so you can be more mindful of your habits.
- 9). REALIZE that this and every and all retrogrades are phenomena that don’t need to drive you crazy, because they are helping you to improve and become a much clearer and more direct version of yourself within your environment (3rd house, domain of Mercury/Gemini).
- 10). If people from the past come back, ask yourself what you can learn from this period, so that when Mercury goes direct and into the post-shadow phase, you have clarity around your relationship.
Toilet cleaning is about to begin, at its best! LOL
21 thoughts on “Ka’s Guide to Mercury Retrograde”
Great guide support Ka! The beginning of this post made me giggle. Thank you! Hope your toilet is shiny new 😉
I am sooo glad you giggled 🤭
That’s the point. I love laughing and Mercury retrograde periods seem to do well with laughing too—despite that I left that out of my guide. Goodness! Your sunset post blew me away! I will be back there to comment. Yes, my toilet 🚽 is looking fabulous. ✨
Like Tania, I enjoyed your intro Ka. I’m not a follower of astrology, but I like the life tips and great music. 🙂
Hi Brad! I’m glad you liked my intro! I feel like my writing voice wants more freedom and to expand its range. So that’s the most delightful feedback! Thank you!! Also I’m so glad you enjoyed the music! So fantastic, of course, I wanted to share 💗. Yes, I hear you on astrology, that you don’t follow it. I think the most of us can take it or leave it. For me, it’s been a part of my awareness (in terms of its complexity and house and sign placements) since I was about 10 years old. So, I have enjoyed doing the astrology and I’d like to keep it going but have it be “accessible” to others in a way that doesn’t require following astrology whatsoever. I don’t even know if that makes sense? I look at it as a way to mark time, to reflect, and to plan for what can be planned for. In a sense, I am not a follower of astrology either in that I don’t follow what other people say it’s “supposed to be.” I have my own connection to it, and I like to inspire people to have their own connection to it, too. You know, like the silence and privacy of looking at the night sky 🌌 with your whole heart 💗 That said, there is a connection point with astrological watchers. I would say “watching” rather than following, for me. But it’s also fun to speculate and prepare (even as feeble as those efforts can be sometimes! )
Thanks Ka. I’m glad you’re giving yourself permission to expand your voice and blog content. Its good for the soul and muse. 😊 I’m down for some silence and night sky communion! Astrology has no appeal for me but I honor your path. 🙏
Awh thank you, Brad! I honor your path, too! 🙏🏼💗 so appreciated! Have a wonderful day my friend.
You are doing you dear lady, a greater share you cannot give. And the diagram of the mercury retrograde I haven’t seen before so you have educated me as well, thank you. Oh, and the lady singing those songs ‘Essie’ has a very beautiful voice too 😀❤️🙏🏽
Thank you my friend! I had a lot of fun writing this one and I am so glad I was able to share something new with you as well! Yes, this music speaks to my heart. I’m so glad it resonated with you, too. 💗💗💗
Your post made me laugh, Ka. You’re so funny. And wonderful advice for the retrograde – chill, breathe, be open. There is learning and growth in every opportunity. And loved the music. I can totally see why Jain is your new favorite singer/musician. Hope those toilets shine!
It makes me so happy that this post made you laugh!!! Do you know I’ve had to clean the toilets at least a gazillion times since I wrote this post!? Mercury retrograde, as all things, need a surrendering into and breathing into. May your days continue to be blessed my friend! ♥️
LOL. We have a lot of clay in our water, Ka, so toilet cleaning is a frequent chore here too or they look disgusting. Surrender and breathe is a great motto. ❤
You know there is a very popular village in the Himalayas called Malana. And everytime I see your name I reach there. And probably, strangely I can connect you and that beautiful but cautious part of the Himalaya. Great happy funny post Ka. Thank you for the advices.
Yes, thank you for mentioning this. I have read about this village. It’s so intriguing! Have you been there? Thank you for visiting here 🙂
hehe.. It is very intriguing. And yes i have been there. Let me make a post of it someday soon and show it to you. Its actually an important economic hub for the Himalayas now(illegal if i may even add 🙂 )
My apologies, Narayan. A couple of days ago, I tried to reply to you and I lost the message. Then, I was unable to easily re-compose my message 😂. I shall try again now: yes 🙌🏻 it would be wonderful for you to post on Malana. Do you know about the descendent myths related to Alexander the Great’s army? I read that they have a unique language there. I’m most curious to read about your actual experience there. Regarding the drugs: are they illegal in that particular jurisdiction? There’s so much to discover! I’m really glad that we are connected online, Narayan. I am curious what it is like for you to be traveling all the time. Do you love it? Have you ever done any interviews? Would you be open to doing one next year on my blog (2023)?
Yes dear Ka, i very well know about the said descendants but I am afraid I never asked anyone when I was there myself for two days. It is a strange village with subdued almost closed vibe. People do not talk much, or touch anyone coming from outside. Till few decades ago, the village had its own government or something like that. Things have largely change in past many years.
With drugs everything was fine till villagers used to consume for their own personal use but eversince they started selling it at whopping prices outside, the culture of the village has been disrupted.
No Ka, haven’t done any in 4 years at least. my last interview was in 2018, while working on a project in Cambodia, local press got interested in it thats it.
Of course, I ll be more than happy for a good conversation. Please take your time and stay well.
Thank you for the beautiful, soothing music and the practical suggestions. “Have an outlet for your frustration that is not another human or an animal….” is important. Also moving. Even though I’m not feeling well, I need to do a few yoga stretches.
I hope you are feeling better now, JoAnna. I know that doing very simple movements, especially Qi gong and yoga really help nudge the body back into a more dynamic rest, preparing the body for more energy wellness. ♥️
Thank you, Ka. I am starting to feel better. The cough is going away. And the weather the past two day has been wonderful, so I’ve gotten outside more. Yay!!!
Very very happy to hear this! 💗